Tuesday, April 26, 2011

'11/#17 I'm Tired Of Jello

After having to find a place to stay Easter Sunday we planed to get to the rally park on Monday. While getting ready to leave Mary noticed one of the trailer tires had developed a couple of sidewall bubbles. That meant we weren't going anywhere. First a call to road service to change the tire. Then find a Goodyear dealer that could check the tire & replace it. The tire shop wasn't too far away & after prorating the old tire we got a new one for $100 dollars less than full price.



By the time we got back to the trailer we decided to stay where we were for 1 more night. Crawling around under the trailer to stow the spare should have been a simple job but not this time. The cable got tangled up & had to be completely unwound & rewound. Finally with the tire stowed I was filthy & sweaty & tired & achy. Plan B was to get to the rally park on Tuesday.



Tuesday morning I woke up with my back killing me. Wrestling with the spare took it's toll. We made it to the rally park & I was done. Some pain killers & rest will hopefully get me back on my feet tomorrow. People are starting to come in for the rally. There are a dozen or so rigs here & we hear that they are expecting over 100. The rally starts tomorrow & we are looking forward to the camaraderie that comes when RVers gather.



I am going to call it an early night so that I can enjoy the rest of the week. So this is goodnight from our home in the rally park in NC because.....



Home is where we park it,
Frank & Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment