Thursday, October 19, 2023

'23/#27 Fill In The Blanks

 I was so excited about the Balloon Fiesta there were things I forgot to mention. Let me fill in the blanks. We had a good trip all the way from Michigan through Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Oklahoma, and into New Mexico. Took advantage of a new fuel saving card and got to see an old friend.

During the last stretch into Alburquerque the trailer started tracking sideways. At the next rest stop we checked underneath and found we had broken a leaf spring and the axle was riding wonky. We were able to get a road service to us quickly, find the part, and get back on the road in just a few hours. Our arrival at the Fiesta Grounds was only about 3 hour later than we had planned and it was time to enjoy the balloons.

While we were in Alburquerque we noticed some excessive wear on the tires from the wonky axle. It was time to replace them anyway so we found a tire dealer in town who could take care of us right away. Not every tire shop can deal with a 40' trailer but these guys were not fazed. This added an extra day to our itinerary but such is life on the road. 

New tires, new spring, and we were ready for the three day trek accross Texas. Yes, Texas is that big. But just to put it in perspective, and Texans don't want to hear it, Alaska is almost three times the size! We are in San Antonio now and will be leaving soon for the Rio Grande Valley.

If you follow us you know we did three winters down here and made many friends. It is time to drop in and see them. We will spend about a week there and continue the adventure. I will sign off now from our home in San Antonio because....

Home is where we park it,

Frank and Mary

4 comments:

  1. I love San Antonio! Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my sorry for about the RV issues. Since you are long term fulltimers you may want to consider MoRryde IS....we did it back in 2018 and also added disc brakes....no regrets. Had the IS alignment checked in 2022 still perfect....a well worth investment for sure along with FlexArmor roof....it's always something even in a home on wheels. Safe travels and enjoy your visits with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We already have an appointment. Earliest was spring of '24

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is so beautiful, I have been so busy lately about life but let me share with you all about my health life experience with the great herbal traditional doctor that saved the life of mine and my dear husband.
    I was suffering from a deadly disease herpes and diabetes and i went through alot trying to get better each everyday of my life until I came across a testimony on blogs someone telling good about Dr Jekawo, a traditional herbal doctor that cure all kind of disease such as: herpes,diabetes,cancer,hpv,lupus,degenerative disease also bring back ex, and other spiritual consultations, I contacted him via drjekawo@gmail.com then he pepareed the herbal medicines and send to me which takes 21 days treatment that cured my diabetes and herpes completely,I'm so grateful with the help he rendered to me therefore I promised to share his great works.
    Thank you and I hope this could save someone else out there.
    Karen Paul
    South Carolina.

    ReplyDelete