Sunday, May 15, 2022

'22/#10 A Time To Remember And Reflect


 We are spending a few days in Pennsylvania before the last leg of our trek north. While here we wanted to go see the Flight 93 Memorial in Shanksville to pay our respects to those who died fighting back against terrorism on September 11, 2001. 

The site is not only a memorial to those who died but is now part of the National Park System to insure that the events of that day will always be remembered. The park is ultimately a cemetery, a mass grave for the passengers on Flight 93, therefore it is a somber atmosphere. It is a place to remember and reflect on how that day changed the world.


There are lots of emotions felt while visiting this site. For me, I am sad for those who died and the families who lost loved ones, I am sad at how the changes stemming from that day have affected all our lives. But mostly I am angry at how it represents mankind's attitude toward mankind. I understand we are all different and have differing opinions on everything, but I don't understand how people could do so much harm to each other over those differences. We should embrace our differences and respect each others differences and make every effort to not hurt or offend each other over these differences.

This is not directed at the terrorists from 9/11 only. I am talking about differences in race, religious, social and economic status, and tasts and opinions of all kinds. Our differences are what make us uniquely human and allowed us to develop and share ideas since the beginning of time. We need to share and nurture these differences to ensure that humankind can continue to grow and evolve.

This was not a light hearted blog by any stretch, but it is my forum to speak my mind. I don't want to start a debate here in the blog. I just want to share my opinion and give you something to think about. Just a thought.....maybe just be kind to each other. 

From our home in Pennsylvania because....

Home is where we park it,

Frank and mary

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for reminding me of this. On my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well written, Frank!
    I could literally hear you speaking these words. It’s so True that we need to be more accepting of one another’s opinions.
    And, embrace our differencešŸ¤£

    ReplyDelete