Tuesday, April 30, 2024

'24/#13 Where Am I, When Am I??????

 This has been a different kind of summer than we usually have. With no workcamping we have been seeing places that we have just driven by in the past. That means a lot more driving and a lot more setting up. We can be setting up for just one night or for several days or even a week. Setting up can be just plugging in our electric or it can mean hooking up electric, water, and sewer. No matter where we are we still wake up in our own bed. Some times when I wake up I am not even sure where I am! A peek out the window usually solves that problem.

With all this travel we have also crossed state lines as well as into different time zones. That just makes all the clocks in the house wrong! You can't look out the window to figure that out. On top of that some areas of the country adhere to daylight savings rules and others do not. On top of that some of the Indian Reservations make their own decisions about what time rules they want to follow. Oh and one more thing....our cell phones will change time depending on where in the city of Page we happen to be! My brain is about to explode.

The truck needed an oil change and I made an appointment. I had to call back just to make sure we were using the same clock. The oil change is done and we are good for several thousand more miles.

At least I know when it is time for bed. It is dark outside and my eyes want to close. Those are my constants for now. I will sign off from our home in Page because.....

Home is where we park it,

Frank and Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment