Friday, November 17, 2023

'23/#30 Busy, Busy, Busy

 We are now settled in our winter home in Zephyrhills, Florida. I thought this would be a good time to catch up. We would like to say that the trip from the Rio Grande Valley was uneventful but alas that is not the case. Like I've said in the past, life on the road is full of surprises.

We talked about the broken spring in Abuquerque and I may have mentioned that we are going to have some suspension upgrades done in the spring. There were springs that showed signs of fatigue and my hope was to make everything last until that work could be done. That did not happen. We made it to a campground in north Florida and as we were setting up, there was a "snap". One of the fatigued springs had twisted and let go as we leveled the rig. After many phone calls we got a mobile mechanic to come to the campground and I was able to find the correct springs. I figured while he was replacing the broken spring let's replace the other one also. This put us behind schedule, but only by one day. 

Two days later we were in Zephyrhills and started settling in. Mary was making phone calls to get the insurance to reimburse us for the repairs while getting the inside set up for the winter. I was hooking up hoses and emptying waste tanks and unloading things we would be using this season. We also had some grocery shopping to do and then there are the holidays to get ready for. 

We hope things slow down soon so that we can start getting together with family and friends. It has been a long six months and we look forward to connecting with our extended Florida family. 

It looks like the much needed rain will be gone for a while. We are both celebrating birthdays this week and you know what that means. Yep, it's time to do our annual trip to DMV for tag renewals and as the end of the month comes there will be bills to pay. I haven't figured out how much we spent on diesel over the last almost 5,000 miles and I'm not sure I want to know. 

It's time to start thinking about dinner so I will sign off from our home for the next several months here in Zephyrhills because....

Home is where we park it,

Frank and Mary

1 comment:

  1. Yeah you're back in town. Margaret and I will be over to see you soon we hope.

    ReplyDelete