Wednesday, November 17, 2021

'21/#50 Mary's Turkey

I said that I will be blogging on topics other than our travels, so here goes. Tuesday was Mary's birthday and birthdays mean birthday cake if nothing else. I found this out the hard way our first year as empty nesters. Thinking that it was just the two of us there was no need for a birthday cake. When I told that to Mary she made it clear that there WILL BE BIRTHDAY CAKE! We happened to be driving past Publix so an insane turn on two wheels and a mad dash to the Publix bakery. Being so close to Thanksgiving and a last minute purchase my options were limited. I picked out a Thanksgiving cake complete with turkey decorations and had "Happy Birthday Mary" written on it. Yes, there were some strange looks but nothing like the glare from my darling wife on the possibility that there would be no cake. Since then there has ALWAYS been cake for her birthday. 

 This year Mary said she didn't need a cake. Being a good husband for over thirty years I knew the difference between need and want, so not to suffer the wrath of "no cake Mary" yet still listening to her current request I opted for a birthday cupcake. And in the spirit of that first potential birthday cake debacle I made it a turkey cupcake. She was happy, all was right with the world, and I would live to see another day. 

 So another happy Birthday to the love of my life and I look forward to many more....with cake, from our home here in Zephyrhills because... Home is where we park it, Frank and Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment