Monday, June 6, 2011

'11/#25 Settlin' In

I can't believe how time flies. We are so busy that I barely find time to get on the computer never the less blog. Well here goes another week's worth of babble. By the way, I am sitting here having my breakfast of bagel & lox & a thought pops into my head. Why is lox considered a Jewish food & smoked salmon a gourmet food? Huh? I think I need more coffee. And yet I babble some more.

Tuesday was a day off for us & we had plans to enjoy it. We went out to breakfast at Mel's Diner for pancakes. I don't know what it is with pancakes but there seems to be a pancake house on every other corner here in Pigeon Forge. Go figure! Some laundry & grocery shopping was next. Woohoo! We now have enough shopper points from Kroger to get a 10 cent per gallon discount on fuel. When you consider that we pump 35 gallons at a time it adds up. That evening we got together with a group of Dolly's work campers for dinner & a show. Good company, decent pizza, & a '50's to today musical review. Who could ask for more than that?

Wednesday we were off to work. While stopping at the office to pay our rent we saw a group of Asian girls waiting for the trolley to get to work at DW. They jumped at the offer of a ride & we made new friends in our impromptu car-pool. At work the new schedule was posted. One week was fine but the next had our schedules totally out of sync. We will see. The next day was busy & before we knew it the day was over. The people are fun to work with & there is no staring at the clock. It's just the way we like it. Mary has been having issues with closing her cash drawer. She has done this many times over the years for different companies but the Dollywood way is giving her fits. Combine that with different people giving her different instructions the frustration is getting to her. I know she can do it & she knows she can do it so it is just a matter of time.

Friday was another day off & another day to get things done. We went to the "Wood" as the employees call it to pick up some freebies for the Titanic Museum, stopped to get some pictures printed, & headed over to our local bank to take care of some business. After that we headed home. We cooked some meals for the days ahead & just relaxed for the rest of the day.Aaaaah.

I want to get going & enjoy our day off. I have no idea what we will do & that is fine with me. So have a good day wherever you are & we will do the same from our home in Pigeon Forge because.....

Home is where we park it,
Frank & Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment