Sunday, November 28, 2021

'21/#52 Post Thanksgiving Musings

We hope this finds everyone well. We also wish everyone a belated Thanksgiving and hope your holiday was everything you wished for. Our Thanksgiving was a quiet celebration for two. We had all the trimings and relaxed in front of the TV watching traditional holiday shows, from the Thanksgiving parade in New York to the cartoons leading up to Christmas. We may get older but we don't have to grow up! It was also a time for giving thanks for all that we have. We have our health and a wonderful life. Our family is doing well and our friend group is growing larger as time goes by and we continue to travel. So to everyone out there, know that we are greatful for having you in our lives. Now for a few thoughts not holiday related. If you follow us you know we travel A LOT! We also gather t-shirts from everywhere we go. We have so many we had a good friend Jacque make us a quilt with a bunch that would not fit in our dresser any more. We are almost at the point that a second quilt might be in our future. Let me get back to my point. We wear our shirts all the time and it never fails that when someone sees a shirt from their home area or a place that they know the question is always "Are your from (fill in the place)?". I don't know about all of you but who buys souenir t-shirts from their home town? Aren't souvenirs by default a remembrance of places visited? I know that on occasion we all will buy something locally but how many Floridians have "Florida" t-shirts. Are all the New Yorkers running around New York City with "I Love NY" t-shirts? The same goes for other places around the country. These t-shirts do three things. First they remind you of an experience worth remembering. Second, it identifies you as a tourist in the town you bought it. And third, it fulfills you obligatory gift for those at home. I might be wrong, but please stop asking if I am from the destination on my shirt, but please ask me if I visited that place and would I tell you about it. That is my pet peeve today amongst all that I am thankful for. So thank you for letting me vent and a happy and healthy holiday season to everyone from our home in Zephyrhills because.... Home is where we park it, Frank and Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment