Sunday, November 13, 2016

'16/#44 No Unicorns Or Rainbows

Just sitting here and contemplating life and thinking how greatful we are to be able to live our chosen RV lifestyle. Most of the time it must sound like we are living out a fairy tale but like everything in life there are bumps in the road. As they say," to get a rainbow you have to have some rain". Well the past few days we have had some of that proverbial rain.

An RV with a family pulled in next to us with 3 little girls. Now, I know what you are thinking......kids equals out of control noise, but you are wrong. The kids were great. They played, had fun, rode their bikes, and had fun around a campfire. So "what is the problem?" you ask. The adults seemed to spend their day walking around their rig opening and closing the storage doors on the RV, and when I say closing I mean SLAMMING them so loud that it startled Mary and me so much we literally jumped out of our seats! It wasn't an occasional bang but continuous for an hour or so at a time.

I know I sound like a cranky old man, and I am, but seriously! When the noise outside sounds louder than anything inside the house it is a bit too much. I don't think there was that much banging around while the RV was being made! We are RVers and not campers. We take our home with us and live in it and try to be courteous to those around us. We would hope it isn't too much for others to try to be good neighbors also.

That was my rant for the day. The family next door is leaving today so the noise should subside. Our life is wonderful, but as I titled it, it's not all unicorns and rainbows. So we hope to have a quieter time here in our home in Missouri because...

Home is where we park it,
Frank and Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment