Tuesday, August 16, 2016

'16/#35 Time To Relax And Think

Nothing real exciting going on here in Campbellsville. We have been busy working and recovering. This time around at Amazon seems harder than the last time. I don't know if we are getting older or we just remember it differently than it really was. Maybe a little of both. We are giving it a bit more time before we make any decisions. The thought of leaving is on the table though. That means we will have to make new plans for the next few months. Oh well, that's the jello in our life.

We have met a bunch of really nice people here at Amzon. Work campers almost always show up with a good attitude and a smile. I guess that comes from being hired as a "short timer". Most of the full time employees are pretty decent also, but there are a few that look at us like something stuck to the bottom of their shoe! Now I know how the casuals felt at the P.O. every Christmas. I tried to treat them with respect but, I know that some of my coworkers resented them being on the workroom floor. Seasonal supplimental workers are a necessary evil. Without them the temporary surge in work would never be completed or would be an impossible burden to those who had to deal with the extra work. I guess I have a new perspective now that I have been on both sides of that fence.

Another difference this time at Amazon is the benefits. Apparently health care insurance is now being offered to the work campers and some of them are excited by this. I guess if you have no insurance it is a big deal. We are fortunate to have our insurance through our retirement and are not interested. The bad part is now that insurance is offered there is no longer a shopping discount at Amazon. BUMMER! We were looking forward to saving some money on Christmas shopping and a few other things we needed to get. Oh well, I guess Amazon isn't going to get as much of their money back from us as we planned! LOL!!

We are off the next three days and are going to relax and run some errands from our home here in Campbellsville Kentucky because.....

Home is where we park it,
Frank and Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment