Sunday, November 25, 2012

'12/#49 Being Thankful

Thanksgiving is over and Black Friday has passed so I will contemplate some of the things I am thankful for. I am thankful for Thanksgiving for reminding me to be thankful. It is something we should do every day of the year. I am thankful that Black Friday is over because it makes a stressful time of the year more stressful. I am thankful for my and Mary's health so that we can live the life we have chosen and I am thankful for the lifestyle we have chosen. I am thankful for all the places we have seen and the people we have met in this lifestyle.

I know I am just listing things to be thankful for but like I said before, we should be thankful for these things all year long. I like to think that I am thankful all year but have chosen this time to say it out loud for all to hear. I hope that my children and grandchildren know that I am thankful for them coning into my life. I am thankful for my friends, old and new, who have my my life better by being in it. I am thankful for strangers who have made my life more interesting and I thank all of you who read this blog for listening.

I also want to thank the people who have passed through my life in ways that many would think have caused more harm than good. And I am thankful for all the things, good and bad, that have happened to me. You might ask why I am thankful for the bad things and people in my life? Well I am not so much a believer that everything happens for a reason but I do believe that everything that happens is part of the end result. This may be semantics but the bottom line is that everything that has happened in my life is what has brought me to this point in time and I am thankful to be here. I don't regret, because regret is a waste of time, you can't undo life. And if you could and did change something how would it have affected the rest of your life? I believe that I am here because of all that has occurred in my world and I am happy to be here so I am thankful for everything.

I hope you have many things to be thankful for especially, this time of year, and this is my happy Thanksgiving to all of you from our home in Kentucky because....

Home is where we park it,
Frank & Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment