Sunday, March 4, 2012

'12/#5 Thank Goodness For Jello!

It has been too long since my last blog but things have not gone as we had planned. I always say "our house is on wheels & our plans are written in jello" & that has been the theme for the past few weeks. Instead of leaving early to mid March we will be leaving April 1st. That gives us a little more time to get ready but we need the time due to situations beyond our control.
As far as our health, my back is doing better & shouldn't be much of an issue. Mary's rash on the other hand had an an unexplained resurgence accompanied by an outbreak of blisters. Dermatologist, diagnosis, & drugs seem to be putting her back on the road to a full recovery. We will see our respective doctors one more time before we leave FL for the final OK to enjoy our travels.
I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to discuss this but here goes. We recently had a loss in our family that may be the most devastating loss I've ever felt. Our newborn grandson recently succumbed to "Sudden Infant Death Syndrome" or SIDS. He was 1 week shy of 3 months old & I am at a loss for words. His parents are beside themselves, Mary & I as well as his other family & friends are filled with emotions that cannot be put into words. The only thing I can say is I hope no one else ever has to go through something like this. Death is inevitable... but to a happy, healthy, 3 month old is beyond comprehension. Life goes on but this is something I will never truly be able to wrap my head around. That is all I have to say about that, except to thank all the friends who have supported us in this trying time even though they don't know what to say. Knowing we have the best friends in the world means more than anyone will ever know.
Today's weather has taken a turn. The temps have dropped & the wind has picked up. Living in an RV the wind makes quite an impact. Awnings shake, flap, buzz, & tear so any RVer with any sense will roll their awning up or at least secure it to the ground. Then all loose items such as folding chairs, grills, & clothes lines are stored or secured. Even then strong winds will rock an RV enough to let you know that you are not in a "stick & brick" home. I was going to wash the truck but it will keep until later this week.
Well that is enough for now. Thank you for listening & understanding my absence. The next weeks will be busy & hopefully will provide fodder for blogging. So until the next time this is "see you later" from our home in FL because.......
Home is where we park it,
Frank & Mary

1 comment:

  1. Frank and Mary, I have followed your blog for a long time. I just want to say that I am very sorry for the loss of your grandson. As a retired Police Investigator, I have seen and investigated the death of too many children and seen the pain and sorrow as the result. I will pray for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete