Wednesday, November 9, 2011

'11/#54 We're Baaack!!!

I can't believe it's been almost 2 weeks since my last blog. I knew time was going to fly by but this is ridiculous. It's not like nothing's been going on. In fact so much has been happening I can't seem to find the time. Well lets see if I can catch up.

We rolled into Largo on Saturday the 29th & tried to get all hooked up. What should have taken an hour managed to take almost 4 hours. We backed in in 1 shot, everything worked fine, & there were no mechanical or utility snags, so what happened? Well you can't sneak in with a 40 foot trailer so everyone knew we had arrived. That meant that we were overwhelmed with greetings, hand shakes, & hugs. Finally we were hooked up, had dinner, & called it a night. I'm not sure what happened the rest of the week but the rig still hasn't been washed & we haven't set up our outside living area.

The new regime is taking over in the trailer park. President Norma & vice-president Mary are jumping in with both feet & like good husbands John & I are being supportive. We show up & help whenever asked & are helping to make the park a better place to winter. Mary's enthusiasm can sometimes get the better of her & I will tag along until I can't stand it any more. I am again the Bingo caller this year while Mary is dedicating herself to getting a new Bingo machine for the park. I know some of her fund raising ideas but I am sure there are more that I don't want to know about.

During this time we managed to track down most of the kids & grand kids. Talk about getting welcomed home. It was better than any hero's welcome. The grand kids are already asking when we are coming to their school so that is something else we have to fit in our busy schedule. We have birthdays coming up, then Thanksgiving, & Christmas so we will be busy then next 2 months.

We have a friend coming to visit this weekend & Friday is the first Bingo of the season. Hopefully I will get more done around here & find the time to blog about it from our home here in Largo FL because....

Home is where we park it,
Frank & Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment