Monday, July 18, 2011

'11/#35 My Turn

After playing tourist it was back to work. Friday was just another day at Reds & we called at an early night so we could play tourist again on Saturday. The local craftsmen, or should I say craftspeople have a fair several times a year to sell their wares. Mostly they are trying to get the tourist dollars like everyone else. The artistry & ingenuity that goes into their products is interesting if not amazing. A lot of the crafts are either done the same way it was done by the locals for generations or has been made with more modern methods to recreate what was done in the past. For us it was a perfect opportunity to get some Christmas shopping done early.

The rest of the day was spent walking around Gatlinburg & doing some of the tourist things that we were able to do for free as Dollywood employees. There was the trip to the top of the Space Needle to take in the panoramic view of the Gatlinburg area. We also stopped in at Ripley's museum. Some interesting, some hokey but definitely something I wouldn't pay good money to see. We checked out the usual gift shops & managed to keep our wallets in our pockets. In fact the only thing we bought outside of the craft fair was a corn dog & some water.

It was along day & a lot of walking so I was ready to go home. It turns out I wasn't feeling well. Mary had been to the doctor twice over the past few weeks so I guess it was my turn to get sick. My throat was bothering me but not enough to go to the doctor. I went to work & made it through the day OK but told the boss tomorrow was up in the air if I didn't feel better. We went home & I self-medicated myself into a sound sleep.

The next morning I woke up feeling better so I guess it won't knock me on my butt like it did Mary. Work was OK but I didn't push myself too much & everyone I worked with was cool about taking some of the load off me until I felt better. It's nice to work with people who care.

We are working 4 days in a row this week but only have 3 uniforms. That means laundry will have to be done before our next day off. This is one of those times we miss having a washer/dryer in the trailer. So tonight we will do a quick load of laundry just to get us through the week. Well the dryers are just about done so we will fold our clothes, go home, put them away, & say goodnight from our home in Pigeon Forge because.....

Home is where we park it,
Frank & Mary

1 comment:

  1. No matter the situation, or bad parts, you two STILL sound like you're having the time of your life!

    ReplyDelete