Monday, March 7, 2011

11/9 Found Time For.....

I know that I always complain about the missing free time that I was "promised" when I retired. But we seem to find time for things both good & not so good. We have found time to help our little old lady friends move, volunteer at school, campaign for Mary's vice-presidency, & call Bingo. While all this was going on we also managed to find time to get sick. Mary started with an upset stomach that had her up all night losing her dinner & freezing. I continued with symptoms of the other end the next day. We have to get well for the Strawberry Festival this week.

Like I said we had time for Bingo. At Bingo Mary was walking around the hall "kissing hands & shaking babies" as I like to put it. The campaign is going strong & looks like to be going well. Before Bingo I was doing my own campaigning. I was chatting up the Bingo players before my calling debut, begging for compassion. Well I did survive. It was a rough start but the players were helpful & understanding. Bingo must go on so they must be tolerant. Afterward many of the players came up to me & said that I did a good job & were glad that I had stepped up as a caller. I was just glad that I could help out.

Well we are going to try to eat a little something & hope to feel better for the Strawberry Festival. Mary is looking forward to strawberry shortcake & the Chris Young concert. I am looking forward to all the other foods that we only get to eat at fairs & festivals.

Under the weather in our home in Largo because....

Home is where we park it,
Frank & Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment