Saturday, March 19, 2011

11/10 Gotta Blog More Often

Things have been crazy lately, more so than usual. I am going to have to blog more often just to keep up. Well let's start & see how far I get.

The Strawberry Festival was great. We spent the day with our good friends Alice & Larry enjoying the sights, sounds, & smells at the fair grounds. Mary didn't enjoy the smells so much since she was still feeling a bit queasy. She did manage to eat a good part of a strawberry shortcake & the sight of racing pigs always makes her feel better. Then there was the Chris Young concert. She doesn't care that he is the same age as her baby she still does a minor swoon when she sees him. He did put on a good concert & we had awesome seats, just 3 rows from the stage. Perfect weather made it a perfect day.

It was a good thing we just had a good day because the next day we had our taxes done & picked up the truck from the shop. This is the first time in 20 years that we have had to pay the IRS. Not so much that we have to eat cat food but the timing was perfect with the bill for the truck. It's that time of year that we get the truck serviced before hitting the road. The truck is 8 years old so I wasn't surprised that there were a few things over & above normal maintenance. It was time to see if our extended service plan really works. Well we got our moneys worth out of it this time. After all was said & done the plan paid 80% of the bill & we were extremely happy.

The election for the trailer park association is now over & Mary is the new vice-president. That means a new reign of terror begins. It may be going to her head, she is making me call her "Madam Vice-president" at home now! The association is actually in charge of activities in the park & people want to see the fun brought back. Things have stagnated some but Prez Norma & Vice-prez Mary have some great ideas & support to liven up things come next snow-bird season. With me now calling bingo I don't know if I can stand any more excitement.

There is more but I will save it for the next blog. Maybe tomorrow. We'll see. Until then goodnight from our home on wheels in Largo because .....

Home is where we park it,
Frank & Mary

4 comments:

  1. Congrats to Mary on 'shaking the babies and kissing the hands' win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh oh...there goes the neighborhood :0] LOL
    Glad to hear you are doing well and keeping active. Praying for health and great weather!!!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup....I Won!!! I think I fought a good fight, and plan on doing a good job. How can I go wrong with hubby right beside me. Not to mention a great President to work with. Anyway, needless to say, we have been VERY busy, but plan on spending some quality time with hubby and getting ready to hit the road :0)
    PS....this is Mary...Stupid computer wouldn't take my email....LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments. I love to read them

    ReplyDelete