Wednesday, January 26, 2011

11/4 A Bummer Of A Bkog

This is the blog that I was dreading having to write. Today we had to put Foxy to sleep. Her health has been failing this past year & more so the past month. Yesterday she showed signs of an infection. The vet determined that it was an infection from an abscess tooth that would require sedation & an extraction. Because of her age (15 years old) & her diminished lung capacity she was not a good candidate for the procedure. It was time for the "decision" that is the hardest thing a pet owner has to do. We tell ourselves it is best for her, it is the right thing to do, it wouldn't be fair to keep her alive for us but it doesn't really make us feel any better. It will take time to get used to her not being around. No more walks in lousy weather, no more picking up poop, no more Foxy getting underfoot. Those are some of the things I will miss.



Well it has been a bummer of a day & I just don't feel like blogging anymore. So I will cut this off now & spend the time needed to console Mary & have her console me in our suddenly empty & saddened home in Largo because....



Home is where we park it,

Frank & Mary

8 comments:

  1. ((((((you and Mary))))))

    Love always,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry...this is the second blog tonight where someone has had to put their pet to sleep. It's just not easy....

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so sorry to hear the news about your Foxy. Just know that she is no longer in pain.

    Travel Safe
    Dawn & Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry. I write this with tears in my eyes - I have been there too.

    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry for your loss. We went through the same thing with our beloved Chewie a few years back. I can only tell you it takes time to heal. It happens...really. And then your beloved furbaby will still me in your memories, hearts, and minds. We still speak our furbaby often, but we are thankful we had her in our lives the years that we did. May peaceful comfort come to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved Foxy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is Mary, the other half of "Postalpair". I just wanted to thank everyone for all of their comforting words, thoughts and prayers after the loss of our beloved dog, Foxy. She truely was the best dog on earth. I miss her so much, but know that we did the right thing by giving her peace. Thank you again

    ReplyDelete