Tuesday, November 2, 2010

#134 There's No Place Like Home

Well we've been home for a few days & we have been going non-stop. Getting settled in took a couple of days & we had to get our grandkiddie hugs. There was lunch with the daughter & her husband & all the friends calling. OK, so it is going to take more than a few days to get settled in with all the distractions but we wouldn't have it any other way.

Add the fact that I haven't been feeling great. Nothing serious, just enough to slow me down a bit. I have been taking my naps again(naps are good) & that takes away from productive time. We are getting all our doctor appointments taken care of & hopefully will be done before the holidays. Again nothing serious. Anything from annual physicals to surgical follow-ups to assorted aches & pains we have accumulated during our travels. Serious stuff is taken care of but if we can wait it is always nice to see our regular doctor.

I've mentioned that we have a few irons in the fire to keep us busy over the winter. That means we have signed up to volunteer as helpers & mentors at our grandkid's school. I don't know who is more excited?us, the kids, or the school! I'm sure it will be fun & will give us some quality time with the grandkids. Speaking of grandkids we are also getting into Christmas shopping mode & this is not something one does half-hearted. As grandparents the shopping is not done until December 24th or the bank accounts are empty, whichever comes first!

I can't believe it's taken me 2 days to write this blog. I guess we have really been busy & keeping busy this winter will give me more to write about. I don't know if will be as exciting as the past 7 months but hope everyone will continue to follow us. Heck I may not find it so interesting. I will try to blog at least once a week this "Snowbird" season. Hey!!! We are Snowbirds! I guess I can't complain about the snowbirds clogging the roads or filling the restaurants anymore. Oh well, I've just got to be me & hope everyone can deal with that. So until the next blog, this is goodbye from our home for the next 5 month in Largo FL because......

Home is where we park it,
Frank & Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment