Saturday, June 11, 2022

'22/#15 Older, Longer, Harder......

 Sounds like the old PF Flyers commercial for those of you who are old enough to remember PF Flyers. For those who aren't, they were sneakers back in the '60's. But I am not talking about athletic shoes right now.  I am talking about the march of  time. As we get older things take longer, become harder to do, and are more difficult to rebound from. This is weekend number three for us and it is taking longer to get into the swing of things than we expected. Getting older ain't for sissies.

 My back and knee are telling me that I am not 25 years old any more. Mary over worked a muscle in her hip that started spasming right on her sciatic nerve. After two weeks of  pain  I took her protestingly to the doctor. Once diagnosed and prescribed muscle relaxers and stretching excersizes she is getting better. Oh did I forget to say she needed to get some rest? Needless to say with the muscle relaxers getting rest is not a problem. Waking her now takes a little longer than usual, but who cares? We are retired. 

While she is "resting" I don't know what is going on. I wake up freezing and Mary is out from under the covers but, and here is the big BUT, Mary has stolen all the covers and is lying ON TOP of them. I guess in her sleep state if she doesn't need the covers then neither do I. Oh well, she is feeling better and I can usually get enough of the covers to cover my feet. This is the result of over 30 years of marriage.

Well I have been busy this morning with all things RV related to do and waking my lovely bride from her drug induced sleep. She wants to cook dinner before work and I have another project to work on so I will sign off now from our home here in upstate New York because.....

Home is where we park it,

Frank and Mary

3 comments:

  1. I can truly understand the pains brought on by age. We should all get more rest but life calls and we answer. Take care of yourselves and I look forward to seeing you in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care and get some rest. We don't heal as quickly anymore. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. RE: stealing all the covers. My trick is to steal all the covers and throw them on the floor.

    ReplyDelete