Sunday, January 27, 2013

'13/#3 When Life Gives You Lemons.....

We are glad to be back in Florida with family and friends but it has not been smooth sailing. Since we returned to our "home base" here in Largo there have been a few bumps. First our reserved site in Vacation Village was occupied. When we spoke to the office we were basically told "too bad". This park has been going down hill for years and this year is the worst. We decided to find a new "home" despite being so close to family and having so many friends in this park. Once setting up on another site we did our usual check of the rig after having traveled for a distance. We found that our 5th wheel hitch had broken and came to the conclusion that we had driven across the state with a broken hitch. Thoughts of what could have happened makes me shudder not to mention the cost of repairing or replacing the hitch was an expense we didn't need. This past week we had a couple of cold nights and mornings and the furnace decided it was time to stop working. Another expense we didn't need. So what to do with all these issues popping up?

Well first we called a friend who has experience as an RV tech. He gave me some suggestions about the furnace and it turned out to be something minor. While talking to him he mentioned that the park he was staying at needed some help and had a number of vacancies. Since we were interested he got us an interview with the manager and there is now an opportunity for work and discounted camping just a little farther from where we are now.We will soon have a new address in FL. Our youngest had been working for an on-line RV supplier and told me about our hitch manufacturer's warranty policy. He encouraged me to call and I am glad I did. Reese Manufacturing was awesome! I told them my problem, sent them a few pictures, and a new hitch is on the way to me.... NO CHARGE! Reese will have my business whenever I can send it their way.

The point of all this is that things are starting to look up for us. Broken things are getting fixed, we will be saving money on rent, and we will be in a park that actually cares about their customers. We are looking forward to all the changes and feel good about the future. Yes we will be a little farther away from everyone but 30 minutes travel is not really that far considering we were considering we looking at a campground in Ocala at least 2 hours away.

We will be busy getting ready to move this next week so I probably wont be blogging until after our move. So this may good bye for the last time from our home in Largo FL because.....

Home is where we park it,
Frank & Mary

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see your new 'homeplace'. Looking at the website, it seems to be a marked improvement. VV has served you well, but life is full of changes, you two will certainly find the best in this situation.
    Next time I'm at Camp Wai Lani in Palm Harbor, I'll be certain to detour on over to Oldsmar way...
    Derek

    ReplyDelete