Monday, March 21, 2011

11/11 What Time Is It?

Has anyone figured what is the purpose of Daylight Savings Time? I mean beside screwing with everyone's head. It's dark when I wake & don't want to get out of bed. It's light when I have supper & make plans to stay in for the evening. Now I am starting to have breakfast at 11 o'clock & dinner at 8 or 9 o'clock. Just leave the damn clocks alone & stop screwing with everyone's biological clocks!



I have a new toy. A friend gave me a stand-up 3 wheel scooter that needed some work. We found a dealer & got the scooter running. Now I am a terror on 3 wheels in the trailer park. The women think it's cute & the guys want to check it out. I am a rock star around here.



We also made plans for next year. Since we are officially snow birds we have to make plans for our next migration. The park had their annual sign up for next year so now we have our plans for the 2011-2012 season.



Time is running short & there are people we want to see before we leave. We made plans & met with a group of postal workers at the Wing House. Good food, good drinks, & good friends... who could ask for more? We had a blast & know that these friends are for real & we will see them again next year. Next week we get together with a group of postal retirees & look forward to seeing others who have survived the Post Office.



St Patricks Day is a big deal here in the park. There is a parade, games, food, & of course green beer. We helped out with the games & participated in the parade. I even decorated my scooter with all things green for the parade. I was like an Irish Shriner zig zagging though the parade. All in all it was a lot of fun.



This week we are going to slow down & spend quality time with each other. Just ride our bikes & maybe play tourist. So until there is more to write we will be enjoying ourselves from our home in Largo because.....



Home is where we park it,

Frank & Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment