Sunday, June 13, 2010

#77 Not Exactly Packing a Suitcase

As expected the weather had cleared. It was still overcast but no rain. I took the dog for her morning walk & saw all the other campers getting ready to leave. In our loop there are about 25 sites & they were all full. After breakfast we went outside to do some packing of our own. Foxy walked out with us & stopped. She looked to the right, she looked to the left, she looked straight ahead, & then she looked at me. We were the only ones left in the loop. I think the dog was confused. I'm glad we are leaving tomorrow. I can only imagine the traffic jam at the gate to get out. Our loop has 25 sites but there are close to 500 sites in the whole RV park & checkout is 11am.

We cleaned the bikes up some. They were coated with whatever road grime, grit, mud, & what-have-you we picked up this week. Riding in the rain turned the stuff into glue & it needed to be scrubbed off. We then loaded the bikes in the trailer. Mary cleaned the bugs off the front of the truck while I dumped our waste water holding tanks. The more we do today the earlier we get on the road tomorrow. Camp chairs, hoses, lights, & tables were stowed. The outside is mostly done. A quick trip to Wally World & a run to top off the diesel & back home.

It's 6 o'clock already! Where did the day go? Time for dinner, another doggie walk, & a ride into town for some well deserved ice cream. Back home & some blogging, e-mailing, maybe some inside stowing & hopefully an early bed time. I would love to be on the road by 9am. It's already 10pm so I will be cutting this off now. We have had a great week at the Americade but this is our last night in our home in Lake George. Connecticut will be our new home because....

Home is where we park it,
Frank & Mary

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your blog Frank...it helps me get out into the world from my computer chair. Your descriptions of the things you see, helps me picture them before I see Mary's pictures on FB. Thank Mary,for all the pictures she posts on facebook. I am happy I can join you through pictures of the places you both are able to go to, that I can't. At least not at this time. LOL
    Happy Travels Patti Morehart

    ReplyDelete